Monday, January 20, 2014

In the Dark

Hey!
You all seem to always be having a lot of fun! I would have loved to see Hogan play some basketball!
We have been having a pretty interesting week over here! There was a lot that happened this week and I don't really know where to start. I guess I will start with interviews. We had interviews with pres. Miles on tuesday in Winterthur, and that is always a good time. Pres. and Sis. Miles are really funny to be around. It was also combined with our first district meeting of this transfer and we have a few new members of our district. One of them is Elder Grenier from france. Elder Grenier was in the MTC with me so in our district we have three people from our MTC group! It is always great to see eachother again and to see eachothers growth over time. Speaking of time, today is my ten month mark! I still feel like I just flew into munich two months ago and that I should still be with Elder Stilger in Haag! It is kindof sad realizing how fast the time goes because there is nothing better than being out here.
We have had a bit of a problem in the apartment for the last few days. On friday morning, all of the lights suddenly went out. Normally when that happens, it means that somebody used the stove wrong (it has a short), but this time the lights wouldn't turn back on when we flipped the breaker. So not only have we gone with out light since friday, we have also had no hot water. So it has been cold showers for a few days. Luckily the electrician is coming this afternoon so we should be fine tonight.
A cool update, we should be getting bikes here in Konstanz pretty soon. Elder Sardoni and I just need to go shopping and find some cheap ones. We are pretty excited because most of our members lived really far away so it is hard to work with them frequently. But now with bikes we will be able to visit a lot more people in a lot less time. Plus Konstanz is a place where everybody rides bikes, so it is really biker friendly.
There is a woman in our area, U-----, who used to be a member but was ex-communicated. She has told us that she really wants to be re-baptized so we have been trying to work with her, so on wednesday we had a lesson with her and we set a baptismal date for the 16th of March. She is really nice but she just like being committed aparantly. She promised that she would finally come to church because we told her that she can't be baptized if she never comes to church, but she still didn't come so we don't know exactly what we are going to do with her to get her motivated and active.
All in all it was a great week here and we are always having fun. I would love to send you all photos of us trying to eat and study in the dark but I forgot my camera today. But expect them next week. Thanks for writing! have a great time in London dad! I love you all! Talk to you next week.
Love, 
Elder Eldredge
P.S. I got the letters and notes that the ward sent me for Christmas! Tell everybody thanks for me! It really made my day to hear from everybody that wrote something for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment