Monday, June 10, 2013

Mud, Floods, and Nudist Colonies

well hello everybody!

Sounds like a ton of stuff is happening back home! I'm happy that the playhouse is finally getting fixed. I'm going to need a place to stay when i get home. I have been doing a bit of hard work myself lately. I don't know if you heard about it but the area around where i am got a ton of rain and there where major flooding problems especially in passau. But i got to work almost everyday this week with the firefighters and red cross. We went to this farm house to clean out the bottom floor because everything was destroyed. just to give you an idea the water was like eight feet high at this ladies house. So we
swept a lot of mud and carried a bunch of sand bags and talked to a lot of firefighters about the church. In fact yesterday we went to this place and we made some friends with a crew called axberg fire crew. they were a bunch of really cool guys that liked us alot. we drove with them to this wierd place where everybody lived in trailor houses on stilts and stuff. We didn't know what we were getting ourselves into but it turns out that that nieghborhood was a nudist colony............ don't worry everybody had enough respect to put on almost enough clothes. It was still a pretty cool day and we worked really hard. When we were done working we had to wait for a while to get on a shuttle bus back to where we could leave so we sat in a beer garden with a bunch of fire fighters and just hung out for about two hours. I drank a ton of coca cola while everybody got drunk. I also don't know if i told you about the tradition of feasting after a hard day of work but they really take that seriously here. I had four feasts in three days and sat in the sun in a beer garden in the middle of a nudist colony. We didn't teach more than one lesson and we only found one potential but that's ok because we did a lot of service and did a lot of good.
 
So today is the first day of my second transfer while in the field which means that i have been gone for three months! that's crazy! That is a total eighth of my mission. sad day. time really does fly in the field. I'm half way done with training even. this stuff is nuts.

tomorrow morning I am travelling to München for a mission tour. Elder Nelson is speaking to us (his daughter is our mission presidents wife). I am way pumped because i will get to see a lot of my friends from the MTC so i can't really wait to catch up with them and see how they are doing.

That's pretty much all that i have to report for this week. It was just a lot of service and eating and haveing fun. It was really one of the best weeks i've had out here. I hope that everybody is still doing well and healthy. I try and send pictures when i can but i can only really get the ones that i forward to you from the weidmans (the married couple in our district). OH ya my package did come so thanks for that! it was awesome and i got to show elder stilger what sour patch kids are.

Well anyway i can't to hear from you all again next week! Let me know everything. i really get a lot of time for emails and sometimes I end up not using all my time and then i just wait for Elder Stilger to finish so don't worry about how much info you send me.

Love you all!

Elder Eldredge


P.S. I can't watch the videos because i have to download them and i am on a public shared network when i do emails so it won't allow me. But pictures i can view without downloading.

No comments:

Post a Comment