Monday, February 2, 2015

Abinadi and Joseph Smith

Hey!

This week was a lot of fun. We spent a lot of time in members homes, which always makes the day better. We really have a wonderful ward here. We also spent a lot of time on the streets and in the trains just talking to people. 

On tuesday night we left the youth center and on our way home we met a nice lady named A-----. She was really interested in learning about us so we made an appointment for the next day. She came early and we had a really great lesson. She was very touched and asked thoughtful questions. She is gone for the next month on a trip so I won't see her again but I am excited for her to learn more later. 

As I was reading in the Book of Mormon the other day I was impressed by the prophet Abinadi. He told the priests and king Noah to not touch him because the lord would not suffer that he should be destroyed "at this time"(Mosiah 13:3). This, plus what he says in verse 10, shows that he knew that he would eventually be killed for preaching these things to the wicked priests. He showed great faith by doing it anyways. This reminded me of the prophet Joseph Smith. I am thankful that he was willing to do everything that he did in spite of all the persecution. 

I hope that you all have a great week! I love you all!


Elder Eldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment