Wednesday, February 26, 2014

More Miracles

Hey Everybody!
It looks like you all had a great week! I would have loved seeing my journal that grandma made! I haven't read mine in a while.
We had another great week over here! We have seen so many miracles. On monday evening, we met with a family (a mother and a daughter), and they were so prepared for the gospel. They wanted to know about the book of mormon, so we explained it and bore testimony. When we were done they were just nodding their heads and said "well that makes sense! I like it!" The mother, R-----, was raised in columbia and had an LDS church across the street from her house and she always loved us. The daughter, L-----, is 14 and was raised here and is very very religious. She always loved the Bible and reads everyday. We invited them to be baptized on the 16th of march and they said that they would be baptized if the recieve a testimony by then! I spoke with them yesterday on the phone ( they couldn't come to our stake conference in St. Gallen) and I just asked if they had read in the book of mormon. They said, "we love it and read it everyday!" We will meet with them tonight and we are really excited for them.
We had Stake conference yesterday and on saturday. It was a bit wierd because on sunday, their conference was a broadcast from salt lake. Elder Bednar served in southern Germany so he gave his entire talk in german! It was pretty cool! As we were watching the broadcast, one of the little girls in my ward came up to me and threw a giant bag full of chocolate into my lap. Apparantly, her family is trying to go vegan so we have been getting all of their snacks and other unhealthy things. It is all really tasty but it doesn't help me eat less sugar.
The weather here has been beautiful for the last few days. It feels like an easter morning almost everyday. One of the ladies that I spoke to on a bus said that it won't snow here but will continue to get warmer from now on, which is strange because it still hasn't snowed in Konstanz. I feel pretty blessed that I didn't have to trudge through the snow for the last few months! It got really cold and rainy, but there hasn't been any snow on the ground and that helped us with the work.
President Miles has asked that we read a general conference talk everyday, and i have found it really interesting to read from ancient prophets in the scriptures, and then to read from a modern day prophet. It is great because you see that the prophets today are just as great and powerful as the ones in the scriptures, and that they really do teach the same doctrine with the same authority. I am really glad that we belong to a church with authority from God, and I hope that we all realize what a blessing that is. I don't think I realized it until I spoke with thousands of people that haven't been led by a prophet, and because of that, they are trouble because of the lack of guidance.
Well I hope that you all have a great week again! I love you all and pray for you. I hope that you get feeling well from the cold that is going around.
Love,

Elder Eldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment