Monday, November 25, 2013

Goodbye Elder Brose!

Hey!
Wow you all are really busy! But I guess that is what happens this time of the year. All those kids look pretty grown up since I have seen them last! We have had a pretty fun week over here. Like I said last week, we got transfer calls on thursday and my next companion is Elder Gubler! He was the assistent to president for the last four transfers and he will go home in just four weeks. So I am getting a double kill. Elder Gubler is really awesome and I already know him because he was AP and he was in the same apartment in Vienna with Elder Stilger, plus Elders Gubler and Brose were zone leaders together in vienna. So we were both pretty excited to find out that he was coming here.
Elder Brose is going home on Thanksgiving
It is getting pretty cold over here now and the are starting to put up all the christmas markets in the town center. No lights yet but it won't be long I'm sure. The two other elders in our apartment have been making paper snow flakes at night and at lunch for a while and the top floor has a ton of snow flakes hanging from the ceiling so we are starting to get pretty excited. We even had an eating appointment with one of the families in our ward and the wife, sister ryan, made a really awesome thanksgiving for us and we listened to christmas music the whole time. That made me really excited for christmas!
We did a ton of walking this week! on thursday and friday together we walked for a total of about 12 hours so we were pretty happy that we had eating apointments on saturday and sunday. The great thing about this area is that the chocolate and snacks are all amazing, and you don't have to worry about how much you eat because you go and walk for like 5 hours straight and it's like nothing even happened!
The ward here is really awesome because it is made up of a lot of really young families with kids. it makes it alot easier to socialize when everybody is still pretty young. Our ward mission leader, Kevin, is way awesome and he really trys to be our good friends. He really likes Elder Brose and I because we make alot of jokes with the ward. We had dinner with him last night and he showed us his book from his mission that has entries from companions and photos and things like that. He served in this mission as well so it is fun to talk about how different it is now.
Zone Conference
I am pretty sad that Elder Brose is leaving because we are really good friends already, but at the same time, It is time for him to go so that I can steal his bed. My bed is just a board with a mattress on it, and he has a really springy bed with a heater right at the head which will be nice when it gets cold. I have been pretty jealous of that bed. I won't tell Elder Gubler.
I don't really know what else to tell you all about this last week. It was really cold and we talked to a lot of people and had tons of fun like always. I am really loving this area a lot and it looks like I might be here for quite some time so I am a happy camper. Again, let me know if any of you want some swiss/german stuff for christmas. I am probably the guy to talk to if you want some nice chocolate. Well, have a nice week everybody! I Love you and I pray for you. Thanks for writing and for sending the pictures. Talk to you next week!
Love,

Elder Eldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment