Monday, January 12, 2015

Staying Put for the Last Transfer

Hey everyone!

We had a great week over here. We had transfer calls, but not surprisingly, Elder Nelson and I are staying together for my last transfer. I am really happy about that. I would have been sad to go somewhere else. Elder Nelson is awesome as well so I am happy that he will by my last companion. 

We had a really good zone training meeting last Tuesday. Elder Nelson and I got to teach for a few minutes about the pre-earth life. It went well and people were taking notes so we took that as a good sign. The mission has also started a new rule that we speak German from nine in the morning until nine at night. It is really fun to "have" to speak German all day. I already feel more confident than I did before while speaking German. 

It is a pretty strange feeling being in my last transfer already. This month is already flying by and I can barely keep track of the days anymore. I am really optimistic about it all and I am happy to work my hardest. 

We ate dinner with one of the members of our ward this week and we were sharing favorite scriptures with each other. I was really impressed with what he shared with us. He comes from a difficult background and was chased out of his country a long time ago. He shared Fourth Nephi 1:17

 17 There were no robbers, nor murderers, neither were there Lamanites, nor any manner of -ites; but they were in one, the children of Christ, and heirs to the kingdom of God.

He said that he can't wait until the time with this becomes a reality with us. I think that even though we need to be patient for the time when we are all one again, we can try our best to create Zion in our own homes. I am glad to have a family where life is about as close to perfect as it gets in this life, and where we are all together.

I hope that you all have a great week! I love you all!


Elder Eldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment