Monday, May 5, 2014

A New Assignment

Hey everyone!

That sounds like you all had an awesome week! We had a lot of fun over here as well. Elder Buckley and I are staying one more together but I was called as the district leader. I am really excited! But today is the first day of my tenth transfer. I am hitting double digits! I still don't like the mission time warp. The work in St. Pölten is going well. I just got permission from Pres. Miles to buy bus passes and I think that will help us a lot. We have just been walking everywhere but now our playing field is much bigger. 

Mission tour was awesome! On monday evening I got to work with Elder Stilger in Vienna and it was for sure the most fun I have had contacting on my mission. We had a blast and talked to tons of cool people. Plus Vienna is beautiful just to top it off. Our conference on tuesday was also really great. I saw a lot of missionaries that I haven't seen in a long time and we got to catch up on each other's adventures. Elder Dyches gave a really cool discussion about working with real intent. It is always good to have a day where you just refuel a little bit so that when you leave you are ready to work hard until the next meeting. 

I found a quote from Elder Holland this last week and I decided to make it the theme for the rest of my mission but I also think that it also puts forth a good mind set for any member of the church. This is just a part of it: "We have got to take things to the edge. we have to move into the realm of the miraculous. We have to live in such a way that we cannot do it alone anymore - where we will resort to the Lord - where we will cry out 'without thy help I will fall - help me fly.' Go to the edge where miracles happen - move into the realm of the miraculous."

I got to work in Vienna on friday as well because we were on exchange. I worked with Elder Peterson from Salt Lake. We ran into five members of the church! Three of them were even students from BYU on a study abroad. We were supposed to have an appointment there but it fell out so we went by on some old investigators. The people that we talked to were all really awesome and we had a good time. The weather was beautiful as well, until about 7 O'clock when it began to drop buckets on us. It rained so hard in such a short time! There was thunder and lightning everywhere as well just to make it cooler. And because I was on exchange i didn't have a jacket so I just ran as fast as I could while trying to stay dry under my broken umbrella. It was a fun evening. 

The pictures that you sent arrived! Thanks for those! They will be great for showing people. Just so that you know I will be skyping at 6 O'clock (Austria time) from one of our members houses. I am really excited to talk to you all next sunday! I hope that you all have a great week! Love you all!


Elder Eldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment